EDGE DS Official Website
Download EDGE DS Software
Click here to visit the manufacturer’s website for the latest software. Note the EDGE DS is now discontinued so newer applications/games etc. may not necessarily work.
The EDGE DS Package
The EDGE package comes in an attractive triangular-shaped package with:
- EDGE DS Card
- Micro SD Reader
EDGE DS Features
- 2nd Generation Storage Device. No booting tool require.
- Slot 1 interface- Fit perfectly in DS.
- Supports micro SD format card , Fat 16 and 32.
- Supports any Micro SD card speed with no lag in game.
- 100% game compatibility. Supports Clean ROM. Just drag and drop. Work on any OS.
- Built in NoPass.
- Automatically detect save types.
- Save directly to microSD card, not onto onboard chip.
- Support Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface.
- User friendly interface. Support touchscreen and button operation.
- Supports rumble and memory expansion.
- Supports WiFi games.
- Supports skin change for Operation Interface
- Multi-lingual user interface
- Supports Soft Reset
- Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, come bundled with cheat codes for over 330 games.
- Supports Moonshell. DLDI auto-patching.
- Support Download play
- Include high-Speed memory card reader.
Daring to be Different – The EDGE DS Card
The EDGE DS card is the same size as any regular Nintendo DS Card. There is a slot in the back of the EDGE DS card that allows it to read Micro-SD or Micro-SDHC cards. It can take up to 32GB Micro-SDHC cards, making it a massive storage medium for your Nintendo DS or DS Lite.
It can be used for lots of purposes, including playing homebrew (self programmed) games and applications, backups of existing games you already legally own, even turning your Nintendo DS into an MP3 player! For more information about exactly what an EDGE DS card can do for you and what you are allowed to do with it, take a look at the Legal Information page.
With an EDGE DS card, you are able to store many games on a single chip (no more dragging twenty or more cartridges on holiday, and no more fuss about lost games from kids!), as well as bring onboard some features such as an MP3 and movie player – features with the Nintendo DS / DS Lite originally lacked in its competition with other handheld consoles, namely the PSP.
With the right software installed, you can even use your Nintendo DS / DS Lite, with a wifi connection, to browse the internet, or potentially even make online phone calls!
It has also been reported that the EDGE DS card is the most stable, reliable card on the market for DS or DS Lite consoles. Although this may mean the difference between 99.9% for an EDGE as opposed to, let’s say, 99.7% for the R4 v2, a victory is a victory!
EDGE DS Discontinued
Please note that the EDGE DS was discontinued in 2009, with the iEDGE coming into production shortly thereafter. Since this happened, at the end of 2011 the iEDGE was also discontinued. The manufacturer’s website continues to exist and the last iterations of their firmwares can still be downloaded.